At Hawridge and Cholesbury CE School our overarching aim is to create an atmosphere of encouragement, acceptance and respect for achievements in which all children can thrive and feel valued.
We recognise some children may need something additional to, and different from, the high quality teaching provided for the majority of children; this is special educational provision. We aim to ensure we identify early the children that require this provision so we can support them to reach their fullest potential as well as to enable them to partake in and contribute fully to school life. The nature of the differentiation, programmes and strategies developed to support children with SEND will vary in accordance with individual need and will be developed as a result of assessment and the graduated approach.
We believe all teachers are teachers of special educational needs and disabilities and every teacher is responsible and accountable for the progress and development of all children in their class, even where children access support from learning support assistants or outside agencies.
In order to achieve our aims, we will:
- work within the guidance provided in the SEND Code of Practice, 2015.
- provide a Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinator (SENDCo) who will be responsible for ensuring the SEND Policy is implemented.
- deliver a clear process for identifying, assessing, planning, providing and reviewing provision for children with SEND.
- include the voice of the child (at an appropriate level) in providing for their individual needs.
- support all staff working with children with SEND.
- maintain effective partnerships with external support agencies, where appropriate, and parents to support the needs of individual children.